Sunday, January 21, 2007

Beading 2007

IMG_0817


Beads are size 11/0 Toho 1046. These were meant for some peony leaves but I've discovered that they're a great shade and finish for some orchid leaves. Patricia, if you're reading this, I see another order for another bag of the 1046 sometime this year!


I'm hoping these leaves will be planted by Wednesday night. I was working my way through the flowers on Saturday and have done some lacing and made more petals today...but I'm out of beads again, in my house where I have a bazillion kilos of beads. But no, I don't own the opaque white beads I'm using. I have not found a good use for opaque beads, until possibly now. Yes that's, I hope to have this 2 stem, 8 flowers orchid with buds and 5 leaves made and planted by Wednesday.


So, beading came before the fiber and I was heavily distracted by the fiber last year. Flower beading readers, don't worry, I'm back. Plans this year include a phalenopsis orchid and large (LARGE) peony and bells of Ireland arrangement for the Del Ray Artisans bead show, and working my way through Donna DeAngelis Dickt's 3 orchids from the 2006 flower seminar. I am so working through many phalenopsis orchids, pattern and class to come later this year, since I lugged back a good kilo of bright colors from NYC for this specific purpose. And I'll have some nice Christmas presents for people when I'm done. Between the knitting of the shawls/scarves and the orchids, I should be all set for Christmas! This is starting out a beading year. I must work through my (bead/fiber) stash!

So, I will end today's blabberings with words from a Liz Phair song. It was on my playlist while I was at the gym today. The song is "Extraordinary":

I am just your ordinary average everyday sane psycho.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are using Toho Rocailles for French Beaded Flowers? Wow! I love all the Toho beads and will be selling them soon in Germany (if my shop, especially my shop order form, will run someday ... *irritated*).

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to see the orchid. 8 flower orchid?? You really go all out Judy! :)