Friday, January 05, 2007

Adding to the confession

Based on my weight gain and body fat percentage...I put on about 5 pounds of muscle and the rest of it was fat. That's pretty amazing for someone who completed a marathon this year, eh?

Why am I posting this? We have an obsession with weight and appearance. But this is another case of "You can't judge a book by its cover" where I sure as heck don't look like I weigh close to 160 pounds. Most people assume I weigh a lot less. And now you're all going to hate me more when I say that this is also when I give thanks to my parents and ancestors for my genes.

Am I satisfied with my appearance? Yes, except for the fact that my pants don't fit and if I'm not careful, I'm going to have to buy new pants.

Why do I feel the need to lose weight? Because 27% body fat is way too high for me. Ideally, I'd like to be back running at about 20% which based on current calculations puts me at 145 pounds. 20% used to be around 140 pounds. I remember how the body felt then and it was great and running smoothly.

Do I care that you all know how much I weigh? Not really. And you all probably all hate me.

No comments: