Thursday, March 29, 2007

New fiber and what not to do

For my birthday, Amber had gotten me Spunky Eclectic's Almost Solid Series Fiber. While in need of something to spin up between larger spinning projects, I decided to spin up an ounce of this stuff. I'd spin up 2 bobbins, ply it, and then knit up a swatch. I plan on making a small blanket or wall hanging of the fibers here.


IMG_1064


The Redwood colorway is the one outside the pack. So I divided the fiber in half and started spinning up the first bobbin. Note to all out there with long hair, you want to avoid spinning your hair into the fiber, as I have done:
IMG_1068


Um, oops! Well, I managed to untangle myself and finished up the first bobbing for:
IMG_1071


I couldn't really get a good picture to represent the color.

1 comment:

knitfriendly said...

I love that color. Are you going to ply the two bobbins together?