Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Philippines - so far

Wow, it's hot. It also seems to be that the people (in general) get shorter the closer you get to the equator. However, they do make a pretty good crispy pata...Leg of a pig, deep fried.
Sadly, I've got a bit of a sore throat. I haven't ventured too far away from the hotel during the day time. Partly I don't know where to go. Partly, I hate the heat and humidity. I wilt in this kind of climate. Also, I think the inability to sleep continuously for 7-8 hours a night has finally caught up with me.
As with Taiwan and China, the food (not counting the hotel food) is a lot cheaper than the US. The one thing that has stayed consistent? A drink from Starbucks, where I think American prices might actually be just a tiny bit less.
Unfortunately, I haven't had my camera with me the last couple of days so I haven't taken many pictures of food.

2 comments:

knitfriendly said...

We are going through our preliminary audit right now and one of our auditors is from the Philippines. He said that he was talking to his father who lives in Manilla and he said that it is not usually this hot right now but that this is year is quite the exception. It is a cool 53 degrees right now in Alexandria so we will welcome you home with good weather!

Unknown said...

Hey! I hope you're feeling better, sleeping better, and surviving the typhoon!