Saturday, December 02, 2006

Last hours in the Philippines

Well, first off:


You are The Devil


Materiality. Material Force. Material temptation; sometimes obsession


The Devil is often a great card for business success; hard work and ambition.


Perhaps the most misunderstood of all the major arcana, the Devil is not really "Satan" at all, but Pan the half-goat nature god and/or Dionysius. These are gods of pleasure and abandon, of wild behavior and unbridled desires. This is a card about ambitions; it is also synonymous with temptation and addiction. On the flip side, however, the card can be a warning to someone who is too restrained, someone who never allows themselves to get passionate or messy or wild - or ambitious. This, too, is a form of enslavement. As a person, the Devil can stand for a man of money or erotic power, aggressive, controlling, or just persuasive. This is not to say a bad man, but certainly a powerful man who is hard to resist. The important thing is to remember that any chain is freely worn. In most cases, you are enslaved only because you allow it.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.


Ya. I guess the desciption fits.

Well, I'm checking out between 3:30 and 4 in the morning. This trip has been overly enjoyable (except for the heat). I'd say that it was planned, but at the same time unplanned. I didn't expect that Friday would be a holiday here so I was expecting to work for 5 days instead of 4. And so, I didn't really expect to have free time to do any sight seeing if I so choose. Of course, I also didn't get out much today cuz my head is a bit muddled since I've now moved to the congested stage of my cold. Everytime I headed outside, I wanted to crawl back to my room, shower first cuz I'm all sweaty and sticky again, and go to sleep.


I am glad though that I had a chance to come here and meet the people I work with. I didn't come with any expectations but the trip has helped me understand a little better how the work environment is here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Devil-Girl, soon you'll be home. Or maybe you're already home. Or maybe it's already tomorrow . . . or yesterday . . . or later. I'll never be able to figure out the international date line thing, but at least soon you'll be home. Unless you already are.

knitfriendly said...

I hope that you feel better soon Judy. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your trip. That is the most important thing!

dickie said...

hi!
came across your blog while doing a search for yarn shops in manila. was wondering if you found any. i'm gonna be there on business in a few days and i'd really like to find some local or rare yarn.