Saturday, December 09, 2006

The wheel parts are out of the box.

I ordered an Ashford Traveller at the end of October and it arrived just before I left for Taiwan. It sat in its box in the foyer for a month. Finally this morning, I went to Home Depot and bought the stain. Minwax has Polyshades that's a stain and finish combination so in theory, I only have to do 1 coat. The instructions say that you may need 2 coats for the final color. So I got the Antique Walnut color. The before picture:

Wheel-prestain

And here's the after 1 coat:

Wheel-poststain


I think I like it after 1 coat. I don't think I want it to go any darker.

2 comments:

knitfriendly said...

Wow! Great job! You will be spinning tomorrow night! :):):)

bethc said...

Looks great! but you seem to need to do a little assembly before you can spin...