Thursday, November 09, 2006

I got me some wheels!

A spinning wheel that is! Amber and I met up for this week's edition of the Sweet Life Knitters and swapped wheels. She had picked up my wheel for me at Springwater and I passed along Patricia's wheel. So the box is sitting, I've opened it up. I got really excited for a moment and thought about putting it together. But then I flipped through the instructions and I gotta tell ya. I'm tired. I'm so tired that I just want to get what I need to get done tonight (flower pot pens) and go to bed. I don't have energy to be screwing screws into wood, or running wax along to get the leg to go into the hole, or hammering. As much as I would love to, I am just that tired. But, I have my wheel. If I'm still suffereing from jetlag when I get back, I'll be up half the night putting this thing together.

Can someone tell me what kind of oil I'm supposed to be using to oil this baby with?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on Spinny (you'll have to give him a better name)! Check out this site for spinning wheel oil (http://www.spinnerschoice.com/Drive%20Belts.htm). Didn't they say in class that just an all-purpose machine oil would work as well?

knitfriendly said...

Did you get your beaded pens done?

Unknown said...

Woohoo! Your first wheel! Congrats! Yep, any machine oil works. Getting the sewing machine oil at the fabric store is convenient. Do they sell at Springwater what we used in class?