Thursday, November 02, 2006

I spent a lot of money - Stitches East - Part 1

Stitches East, market preview.
Amber and I went up to the market preview since we're both registered for classes. First stop, Blue Moon Fiber Arts and Socks that Rock. First, I got some sock yarn:
SocksThatRock
The colors from left to right are: Puck's Mischief, Puck's Mischief, Harlotty, Purple Rain, Scottish Highlands, Rolling Stone. I got 2 skeins of the Puck's Mischief with the thought in mind that I'd make toe up socks and see how far up my leg they would go. That's 360 yards per skein of the light weight.


Then, we found the bags of fluff that they have, died in the color ways. The bags come with instructions to spin your own fluff to the specifications of the Socks That Rock yarns:

SocksThatRockFluff1

Then we kept walking and we got copies of Victorian Lace Today signed by the author. I have been waiting for this book to come out not only because of the lace patterns I've been admiring in there but because of the photographs. The pictures were set on the estates used in my favorite version of Pride and Prejudice: The BBC filming with Colin Firth.
books

After that we met Lily Chin, who is a well published designer and one of the fastest crocheters in the world. Another book signing.
Me_And_LilyChin

Then we made our way to Lisa Souza who was made famous by Lime N Violet the podcast.
LisaSouza

While there, I picked up 3 skeins of El Dorado in the Olive Tones color way to make a nice little shrug. El Dorado is a 70% Mohair, 30% silk mix. yum.
Shrug_LisaSouza_Yarn

After that, we wandered around some more. I think we were both pretty tired at this point. I saw some lace kits I plan on going back and getting this weekend. We also found some cute hedgehog and a knitted squirrel at Yarn Barn. For tonight, I leave you with a gratuitous picture of yarn and fluff:
WhilePayingForSTR

3 comments:

knitfriendly said...

Get ready for more damage tomorrow! :)

Unknown said...

Yes, I believe this was why I titled this "part 1" :-)

Holly said...

I love the photo of you and Lisa -- you both look so happy!