Wednesday, May 16, 2007

kiva.org

My friend Josh reminded me of kiva.org today. They work with existing microfinance institutions in developing nations to make loans to small businesses. You are helping to fund that loan and sponsor the business. I don't remember how I had heard of this in the past but Josh reminded me of this today when he sent me the link. It gave me the warm and fuzzies. It's a way that we in the priviledged world can help someone less fortunate. So the warm and fuzzies got to me, and I signed up and gave some money. So, just something to think about.

1 comment:

Nina Casey said...

As far as I know, microfinance programs can be some of the most effective at allowing motivated persons to improving their standard of living permanently. Hubby and I were just talking about how needed new business resources are needed in Afghanistan to dissuade people from the poppy industry. Thanks for the link!