Sunday, April 29, 2007

Update

It's been an ... exciting ... week as I argued and fought with my computer. I had bought another harddrive and managed to reinstall windows but that was it. I didn't have the right drivers for the hardware I had in my computer and I didn't know what WAS in it. Thankfully, I managed to find the order confirmation from when I bought it and managed to figure out the make/model of the graphics card and the network card. Then, a little more digging led me to the sound card and the driver for the touch pad. Set up on this thing is almost back to normal but I've got the drivers on an external drive if I need them and I requested the recovery disc from Dell. For future reference, first thing to do when you buy a new computer is to burn the recovery disc.

In other news...


I've done some beading

IMG_1209


And I've decided to stop work on Gothic Spire. I made the smallest size and see how wide I can make that cuff? See how I can't get it over the heel? Also, the wrap stitches were driving me nuts!

IMG_1213


So while I looked for a next project, I knitted another few rows on the half hex Spider Shawl from VLT. I really want to make the Myrtle Leaf Shawl but I'm only allowing myself one project from VLT on the needles at once.


IMG_1214


I also got my next shipment from the STR club and promptly wound up the yarn. I like this pattern and like the option for knee highs :-)

IMG_1217


I did start casting on for a summer top using Classic Elite Provence (100% cotton). I finished the front last night and have cast on for the back. I'm taking a little break because my left hand is a little tired and I don't want to strain it.

MD SHEEP AND WOOL NEXT WEEKEND!!!!

2 comments:

knitfriendly said...

I am so excited for next weekend. We are going to have so much fun! :):) You have motivated me to finish my sock. I really want to start those silky STR socks.

Unknown said...

Ya! Your computer is fixed! I like the knee-high version of STR too. Guess I'll have to order another skein. Any photos of your summer sweater?