Sunday, June 25, 2006

More casualties

My basement.
For some reason, for which I need to call a plumber, my sump pump stopped pumping water. So what happens when the sump pump stops pumping water? the water goes out into your basement. I think I may need a new basement.
At least I managed to salvage my laptop and 2 digital cameras.
I think the tv is okay. It's a good thing I had unplugged everything just before I had gone upstairs to do some dishes. And it's not like I'm worried about my Tivo since that's already dead.
So tomorrow, I'm taking a mental health day to clean out my basement. Wah!
Current count of casualties:
  1. internet connection - fixed now - they had to replace the entire box where the line was coming into the house and the battery was
  2. Dish alignment
  3. Tivo
  4. Stove electric controller - but I can still cook, it's runs on propane
  5. my basement.
and the peacock feather shawl got caught up in the flood. I freaked out at first but reminded myself that when I'm done, I usually like to wash things in woolite to wash off whatever crap got caught up in the fiber while knitting...so I'm gonna let it dry out and then I can continue on...

1 comment:

knitfriendly said...

I am so sorry to hear about your flooding. :( I wish that there was something I could do to help you. I take you probably won't come to knitting tonight?