Tuesday, May 13, 2008

2008 Maryland Sheep & Wool Haul

I finally got some pictures and loaded these into raverly. First, I got a basket:
New basket

My first purchased of the day, right at about 8am was from Persimmon Tree Farms. It's the Autumn Harvest Glitz blend. I saw this last year but I tried to hold off and by the time I decided to buy some, they were all out. So this year, I realized that I could spin this up in worsted weight and make Rowan's Cressida pattern.

Persimmon Tree Farm - Autum Harvest Glitz

At the Clover Hill Yarn Shop booth, I picked up some Spritely Goods Fey in the Manzanite in Bloom colorway.
Spritely Goods - Fey - Manzanite in Bloom

And then I also drooled over Mama E's C*eye*ber Fiber in the Raspberry Ganache colorway.Ceyeber Fiber - Raspberry Ganache

While I was there talking to her, I was telling her how evil she was with the flashing of the Garnet colorway on her website and she mentioned that she had some in her warehouse...so of course, I had her bring me some on Sunday to be sent home with Amber.
Ceyeber Fiber - Garnet

And then I got some Shelridge Farm Soft Touch Ultra to make Eunny Jang's Anemoi Mittens.
Shelridge Farm - Soft Touch Ultra - Plum
Shelridge Farm - Soft Touch Ultra - Clover Flower

And finally, in the Woodchuck's going out of business sale, he was getting rid of some of his wife's yarn stash at a really good price. I picked up 10 skeins of this wool/viscose yarn:
Romance

All in all, I stayed in my budget and didn't touch my credit cards or go into my food money. Yay me! Lots of spinning and knitting ahead.

2 comments:

Jody said...

You got some great stuff! I love baskets too :)
That Cyberfiber is gorgeous!

Stephanie said...

oh, what a lovely yarn and fiber haul! I really love that roving!