Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Something wrong?

So...the purse frame that I ordered from Lacis. It looked really nice...until I compared it to my purse...

Hmmm...



The frame looks like it's a little small...I dunno...


So this picture makes the bag a little squishy. I know that when I first started knitting, I tended to knit way bigger than what gauge called for...could that be what's happening here?




Still...the other problem would be that I'm expecting lots of little holes to sew through but there aren't any here! Instead, there are two other metal pieces (not in the picture here) that screw into the few holes around the edge. I am NOT cutting holes in my purse. Had I known the frame was coming like this, I would've started out making eyelet holes when I began. Since I'm not sure about the whole size thing for a 5" frame, I think I'm going to look for a 5.5" frame...sigh...back to the drawing board! I was hoping to have a completed bag by the end of this weekend. Now, I may have everything but the frame. I guess I could experiment with an i-cord handle.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: