Saturday, November 05, 2005

Searching

Searching for a goal, searching for a purpose, and yet, so busy...eh?
So during packet pick up for the Marine Corps Marathon 8K, I was inspired by those around me to run the full. The seed was planted. I think I'm going to do it.
I did the 8K last week and even though I was dehydrated and starving when I began, I still managed to run 13 minute miles. Tomorrow I do the Veteran's Day 10K.
The time line right now is that if I can keep up with the workouts over the winter, I should be ready for the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler the first weekend of April which will be a warm up for Broad Street Run (another 10 miles) at the beginning of May. This will continue on to next October and the Marine Corps Marathon. Here's hoping that I get in to all 3 races!

Crafting...Kepler is coming along. I am currently blocking the front piece. The back is now beyond the arm hole shaping so I'm almost done. I'm hoping to be able to finish with the back before the weekend is through.
Chantress is also coming along. Last weekend, I rounded the bottom so now I'm working my way back up. I haven't done much this week due to some problems at work which left me exhausted. I'm also running out of thread for Chantress so I'm really going to have to get more before I proceed.
Beading, I'm still working out patterns. I may be beaded out for a while. I don't know. We'll have to see. I feel as if I'm on a mission to finish up some of these knitted projects. Knitting and beading, it comes and goes. I'll be obsessed with one or the other.

No comments: