Monday, September 19, 2005

The other half

Philly Distance Run was yesterday. My goal was to finish uninjured. There was no thought to taking time off of VA Beach. And yet, I managed to take off about 20 minutes. I had music with me so I was able to pace myself better. I'd run for part of a song and walk for part of a song. Around mile 10, I realized that I was hitting each mile marker every 13 minutes or so and realized that I may actually be able to come in under 3 hours! My legs finally gave out around mile 12 and at that point, the clock said 2 hours and 44 minutes had passed and the thought that I may be able to come in under 3 hours according to clock time was a real possibility unless I did something to really mess up. So I clocked in at 2:59:40. This morning, race results said that my actual chip time was 2:50:50. Yup. This as compared to 3:11:47 from VA beach and I've taken off 21 minutes and 47 seconds in two weeks! Whoo hoo! The legs are feeling a lot better this time and the massage yesterday helped.
I left Philly this morning and went to New York. Had a quick lunch with a friend and then I hit the bead stores. I added about 20 pounds to my suitcase and came back with lots of pretty beads...mmm...beads... for pretty flowers.
I'll have to take some pictures sometime this week.

No comments: