Sunday, September 11, 2005

Another week and semi functional legs

I'm very much hoping that my legs will be okay for the Philly distance run. I think the muscles will have recovered but my knees feel a little weak.
Jean came over for dinner. It was an experimental dinner inspired by an episode of
Good Eats on pouch cooking, more specifically, this recipe on a steamed red snapper with some vegetables and cous cous. I used a salmon filet since I couldn't find a decent sized red snapper. Topped it with some lemon slices, parsely, one bunch of asparagus and some sliced red onions. Cous cous and chardonay for liquid. 425 degree oven and bake for 30 minutes. Yummy Yummy! I think I could've used just a little more liquid.
Tonight was also the A.C. Moore Midnight Madness sale. So I went and bought some yarn. I want to start a new project...a scarf from the Fall 05 issue of Knitty. I like the flowers. I like anything to do with flowers. Can you guess? I also bought some yarn to make some hats. I think I'm going to donate these as a hat/scarf set to donate to chemo patients.
Sunflowers are coming along...they'll be assembled on the train next week.

No comments: