Monday, January 07, 2008

Finished Swallowtail Shawl

Swallowtail Shawl

Swallowtail Shawl



This is my finished Swallowtail Shawl from Interweave Knits, Fall 2006. The yarn was Schaefer Anne using size 8 needles. I did make some modifications to the original pattern. I wanted to try to use up as much of the Schaefer Anne as I could so first I did 2 extra repeats of the Budding Lace chart. This then added 4 extra stitches to each row. I divided the extra stitches evenly by adding an extra stitch just before and after the center yarn overs and an extra stitch by the edge yarn overs. When I get to the Peaked Edging chart, I now have 8 extra stitches on each half of the shawl. Four I added to the what amounts the first repeat (section closest to edge) and the other four I added to what amounts to the last repeat (section closest to center) of each half.

Me is happy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing!

Anonymous said...

Wow! that looks great.

test said...

drool drool
:)

Svetlana said...

Smart girl! Beautiful shawl!

nordwolke said...

Great!