Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Twas the night before Stitches

And I have a finished necklace:

Chrysanthemum Stone necklace
Close up of Chrysanthemum Stone necklace


It started with the setting. I didn't intend to set it using purple beads for the bezel but it worked out that way. Then, it started to take on a life and theme of its own. Wine! Grapes! Harvest! And this is what I came out with. Lots of fringe, a peyote strap. The portion with the stone and fringe is a lot heavier than I had expected but it certainly captures the theme well, dontcha think?

6 comments:

beadexplorer said...

Awesome!

crymson said...

It's beautiful, I love the colors. Makes me think of harvest and wine, or maybe drinking wine during harvest.

Dipsy said...

This necklace is amazingly beautiful, what a fantastic job you did with it! Congratulations!

Patricia said...

OMG!! That is gorgeous!! I have to see it! And where are the stash photos??

Lynn said...

Judy, this is an amazing piece. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

C said...

WOW!!!!! Awesome. Gorgeous. Stunning. Amazing.