Sunday, May 01, 2005

Home...for a weekend

I was supposed to be in Philadelphia doing the Broad Street Run...but with last week's fever, a lot of people would've yelled at me if I had gone. So instead, I was home...where I proceeded to stay up half the night reading the Shop on Blossom Street and A Good Yarn by Debbie Macomber. Fictional stories centering around knitting and a yarn store. I definitely could've used more sleep this weekend.
My laptop is on the fritz. The socket where I plug in the adapter doesn't seem to be working anymore so there's no power and the battery can't charge. My adapter is also half broken and if you twist it just right, you get sparks. It's a bit of a fire hazard. So now I've got a cat5 cable running from the upstairs to downstairs...I got a wireless card for this computer but I need to set it up. Silly me for wanting to actually lock down my wireless network...I think that's where the trouble started with trying to set this up.
More progress on the tulips for Jim, and Paula's shawl, and even on Rosebud. I finally sewed up Rosebud's shoulder seems and started really shaping the sleeve cap - it's really off right now. I tried on the body and ooohhhhhhh, it feels so nice, I may have to make a plain tank top version!

No comments: