Saturday, July 05, 2008

July 4th and the start of the Tour de France

I need a vacation. And so the long weekend comes at a very good time. I had a slow start, didn't get out for my short run until about 11am. Wandered out at close to 4 to pick up Amber to head out to the Mall and watch the DC fireworks. I did knit a little, slowly though. I love watching the fireworks downtown. It's not quite the same as Boston cuz it gets to be SO crowded by the river. I'd only seen the Boston fireworks once growing up there. It was so crowded it wasn't fun. It's more relaxed here. Love the fireworks. Had some yummy drinks a McCormick & Schmick's. They always have yummy drinks.

And today is the start of the 2008 Tour de France. I always sit here watching the tour. It's a strange addiction. As for the Tour de France knit along, well... I had one project in mind but I decided to work (slowly) on the After Dark Nightie. I didn't think I'd be able to knit until half way through the tour but if I go slowly, I'm okay. The organizers were also okay with an injured person in the KAL. I'm riding the team car :D

No comments: