Sunday, June 15, 2008

Bead & Button continued

I spent most of Saturday in class. I was taking Laura McCabe's Crystal Burst Bracelet class. It was wonderful! Laura was a great teacher. She was very knowledgeable and gave us many hints and tips. It left me wanting to bezel rivolis left and right. I continued with the shopping at lunch and after class. We had another tornado warning and they even herded everyone who was in the hall into the market place. Physically, yes, it was the safest place. I ended up ordering take out for dinner from one of the hotel restaurants. It was pouring outside, I was not going outside. I ate my dinner and wandered over to the convention center where there was the bead social and auction. The woman who was doing the auction...okay, I understand we have a limited amount of time, but geez, how freakin' rude can you be? She seemed to have taken the social out of the social. I didn't stay long since you basically couldn't talk or auction lady couldn't hear you so I just went back to the room to watch some tv and stare at my loot and sleep.

Sunday was Jeanette Cook's Mastering the Curl class. Having taking Paulette's Totally Twisted class, this was a repeat. Jeanette was an interesting lady and I bought a kit from her. I wandered back to the market place after class, and I didn't intend to spend a lot of money. Well...I bought a Leah Fairbanks lampwork bead. It was beautiful. I had faceted amythests I had bought that I knew I could use for the necklace and went on a last minute hunt for some crystal rondelle spacers. Had the components and it was time to head back to the Hilton to get my bags and go to the airport. Well, my first flight was delayed half an hour. That sucks when you only have 1 hour between planes! The plane landed in Minneapolis and I had 10 minutes to get to my other flight. And I got home.

At some point, I have to get the pictures off of my camera and post them. I did start off with the pictures I took by the Milwaukee River on the phone.


It was a very good weekend for me. I was able to recharge before the start of a crazy week at work. I was greatly inspired in my beading. Beading is my passion. The knitting and fibers is a hobby. I love the sparkles of the beads.

1 comment:

Crymson Flower said...

I completely forgot you were going too! I'm glad you had as good of an experience with the classes as I did.