And I worked my way across the room. I was going to pull it up in 3 strips and after I did the first one, I realized that the roll of carpet was too big for me to move on my own so I cut that in half and created 2 rolls. I decided that I was probably better off cutting it up into 6 pieces instead of just 3, especially with the bed in the way.
After starting into the middle third, I could start to see large expanses of floor. It was starting to look good.
That's one of the "finished" pictures where you can see the floor. Not bad eh? I think eventually, I will have someone come in and refinish all the floors. You can see score lines where they cut the carpet padding (insert mad Judy here) and there are a few nicks on the floor. But over all it's in good condition. Now I'm waiting for Monday night when I can put the rolls of carpet out for the trash. I think what I would like to do next to the room is to add some shoe mouding and some crown molding. After that, I will hang some pictures and decorate some more.
Thankfully, the weather cooperated so that it was a nice cool 80 something degrees this weekend and not too humid. I could keep the windows open to let the room breathe. My eyes and lungs were a bit irritated by Saturday night and also due to all the dust, I ended up taking a shower and avoiding entering the room. I slept in the basement last night. The futon is not comfortable to sleep on if you don't open it out into a bed.
You can see the rest of the pictures here
Yes, I'm slowly settling in. I just realized that this month makes it 3 years in this house. That's the longest I've kept an address in the last 10 years.