Monday, August 13, 2007

Knitting...a sweater!

I finally figured out why I've been so uninspired with knitting all summer. It's because I wasn't knitting with wool! So, I restarted the Mom's Lace Sweater from Shelridge Farms and have been happily knitting away for a week. I've finished the back and am now working on the front. After that, I've got the two sleeves then I knit the collar and seam.

When I originally started this, I was concerned about the raglan seam because my row gauge was a little tighter than what the pattern called for. I think I've got it calculated out correctly. The worst that would happen is that I'd have to reknit the raglan decreases and remove some rows...which is fine because then I would have leftover yarn rather than attach more yarn for a couple of rows.

No comments: