Thursday, October 13, 2005

Beaded Knitted Bags

I think the title of this post says enough of my latest craze. I love beads (see beaded flowers below). I do really enjoy knitting (see knitted wear below). I love bags (see my closet). And yesterday, I came across beaded knitted bags. They come premade but really expensive. They come in kits...but why am I buying more beads when I probably have a bead stash bigger than most of the bead stores in the DC metro area? But all the sites kept pointing to one...Barb's Beaded Bags. Go check it out. The bags are beautiful. I need to find a way to work the bags into my daily use. Hopefully, I'll receive my first pattern next week. I ordered Chantress. She's sexy and a little seductive. Oui?
In the mean time, I've decided that my next insanity beading project may be a potted cymbidium plant. Make the flowers, put them on stalks, make some leaves. learn to do some sculptural peoyte stitch to bead around some styrafoam balls to make the pseudobulbs. The last insanity beading project was the daisy topiary. At least the cymbidium moves quickly...So I say right now.

No comments: