Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Finished! - Charming Stars Quilt

Charming Stars Quilt

I finished my quilt! This is the Charming Stars Quilt, instructions from Moda Bake Shop. The original instructions called for 4 x 4 squares of the star blocks. I recalculated everything for a 5x5 block queen sized quilt. Maths, I can do it!

I pieced the top together and sent it out to be quilted by a local long arm quilter. You saw in my last post when it came back and then I started working on binding the quilt with some beads.

Charming Stars Quilt - close up of beaded edging

I'm also very happy with how that turned out. You don't notice the beads as you sleep under under the quilt though I do wonder if the beads help to stiffen up the edge. We'll see when I get the next quilt put together.

I am very happy with this AND it's a much lighter blanket than the one I had on my bed so it keeps me cold and from having nightmares when I start to over heat.

Charming Stars Quilt

1 comment:

MBMathis said...

Congrats on the finish. When I went down to Quilter's Studio the owner told me about the conversation you had about beading the binding which explains why you ripped it out after the first few feet to redo it with anchor knots.