Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Charm Stars Quilt on the Home Stretch

Yesterday, I got my Charm Stars Quilt back from the long armer and I am SO EXCITED!

Quilted

The quilting pattern is one of dragonflies. It's not a very dense quilting pattern since I didn't want it to detract from the piece fabric on the front side. You can see the dragonflies better on the back side.

Dragonflydetail

In preparation for its homecoming, I sewed the strips of fabric I needed for the binding. When I got it home, I got ride to work in attaching the binding to the edge. My huge bead stash came in handy and I was able to find the beads I wanted to use on the edging. In binding off the baby quilt, I found the needle motion very similar to that of the back stitch in bead embroidery. I knew that on this one, I wanted to attach a row of beads to the edge. I wanted hot pink beads to bring out the few pieces of pink in the fabric.

Bead embroidering the binding

So far, the beads don't stick out so I'm hoping that when all is said and done and I'm under this blanket every night that the beads don't make this blanket uncomfortable.

1 comment:

Amber said...

OMG - that is GORGEOUS!!! Great job! Now I want to quilt. How much did it cost to get it quilted with the long arm? Where did you get it done. Awesome job, Judy. Wow.