Monday, December 17, 2007

Beady Inspiration

My god! Two posts within a week! Things have been hectic and I had been forced to stop and do some beading. I had class this weekend so I was forced to write up the instructions for that, so we'll start there:
African violet


Yes, I am quite happy with how this turned out. The tea cup is one of a set of 4 that I had picked up in an antique store in Old Town Alexandria.

Class itself went well, I thought. There were only a couple of students so the pace was slow. Also, I think this may be a better fit for a beginner pattern.
tiger eye cabochon

The tiger eye cabochon went to the Bead Obsessions staff party gift exchange. I was trying to decide between that one and this one:
Green glass cabochon

Yeah, inspiration struck and finally, between the beading and the knitting, I was truly inspired. I just hadn't been for a while. And in the mean time, I've been struck with a need to make shawl pins. "Need" I say. I've given one away as a present so far...and the one in the picture may end up on etsy sometime soon. It would, of course, be after I wear it.
Shawl Pin


That's a purple glass heart that I've had for a while and I've been trying to figure out what to do with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh, I love the flower! And what a cute idea, putting it in a little tea cup!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the shawl pin! (Almost as much as the one I have!)