Saturday, September 23, 2006

Wire in a yarn meter

Why yes, you can put wire in a yarn meter and measure it! I borrowed Amber's yarn meter to measure yardage for the leaves and we weren't sure if it would work. Well, it did!

Here's a preview of the maple leaf.
MapleLeaf-preview

The pattern will be ready by October 15, 2006 since that's the day of class. If I am actually a good girl, the pattern will be ready a week before that. Yup, I'm working this weekend as crafty beady chick.

A note on the bead soup. Main color + a bunch of other colors...it doesn't take a lot of the other colors before the whole thing starts to look too busy. I don't do a good bead soup, maybe cuz I don't normally do bead soups.

2 comments:

knitfriendly said...

I am glad that it worked for you! I won't be there tonight as I just arrived back from out of town last night and I am leaving again this Saturday so I need to get some things done at home. Would you mind bringing it back on Thursday? Your leaf is gorgous. You make me want to take up beading! :)

Deborah said...

love those colors!