Thursday, August 17, 2006

Catch up Post, with pictures!

I bought some storage for my beads at IKEA. These are working a lot better:
ikeaBeadStorage

On Sunday, I went to Stitch DC Georgetown to check out the yarn sale and noticed they had Rowan Wool Cotton on sale. Monday night at SnB, I posed the question of "Should I go buy the Rowan Wool Cotton?" and Amber replied immediately with "Yes, ALWAYS YES!" before anyone could get a word in edgewise.
I had this Rowan design in mind. It's knitted. It involves beads. It's a corset styled top. Those three together bring me to my knees. For my size, I need 11 balls of Rowan Wool Cotton.
yarnBuy
But if you count here, there are 13 balls. Well, I wanted one that's a little longer, and I wanted ruffles on the sleeves too, not just on the neckline. I think they cheated a little by not using ruffles on the neckline. So I got the 12th ball. But then, there was one remaining ball sitting there all lonely...so it also came home with me.
Damn you Amber!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Glad to be of help :-)

I love that pattern - can't wait to see it in person.

knitfriendly said...

Ohhh I love the color! :) Girl, you have a LOT of beads!