Saturday, August 25, 2012

Unleaving

I had bought the fiber from Into the Whirled at Maryland Sheep and Wool this year.


Into the Whirled - Corriedale - Something or Other

I was on such a spinning high at that point that even though there were only a couple of days before I left for my trip to Taiwan and I had so many things to do, I proceeded to spin it all up.

Into the Whirled - Corriedale - Something or Other

Spun up

Right before the Olympics began, I was really itching to cast on something new and started with Unleaving. I didn't have the full yardage but since you start on one end, increase to the middle, then decrease to the other end, I could measure about where the mid point of my yarn is and adjust otherwise. Size 8 needles were used in this project.

Overall, I really enjoyed this fiber and I enjoyed watching the color changes in the yarn.


Unleaving from handspun


Unleaving from handspun

No comments: