Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Balance

I want to make EVERYTHING! That's how I look at it. There are so many things I want to knit (have you seen my yarn stash???), there's so much pretty fiber I want to spin up. I have ideas for beaded jewelry in my head. There is just so much!

For years, I've been trying to find a balance but I have a hard to settling down and focusing on one thing. My attention had been bouncing all over the place like a 3 year old. In the last year, I've found myself getting better at focusing on a project and in doing this, I found myself finishing quite a few projects once I set my mind to it. Back and forth between the fiber and the beads, well, it's hard for me to say Monday I will bead, Tuesday I will spin. I just can't do it. But I think I could actually say January I will knit, February I will bead. And so, tomorrow is February and I'm looking forward to turning some of my beady dreams into reality.

For now, I leave you with what I've finished in January of 2012.

A long time coming - I finished Lady Eleanor from the book Scarf Style: Innovative to Traditional, 31 Inspirational Styles to Knit and Crochet (Style series)
Lady Eleanor - blocking

On ravelry's Puck This group, it was our January Hattrick knit along. Knit three hats for a hattrick of hats! I got mine in!
Morehouse Merino Mushroom Cap
Really bright running hat

Fornicating Deer Hat
Fornicating Deer Hat

And Wurm
Wurm

I even got in a cowl! This is the Honey Cowl from Madeline Tosh
Honey Cowl

I also managed to finish spinning some fiber! This was on my spindle and I transferred it to Suzie. I just couldn't take anymore spindle spinning.
Spirit Trail Fiber Works BFL

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Busy gal, you are facing a problem many of us face, what to do first. I read an article where a whoman decided to focus one week each month on her individual crafts. I'm not that focused. Good luck with your plan.

Swamablog said...

I'll have to try that method. Mine was to work on a particular craft at least once a week.