Sunday, August 22, 2010

BeadFest

I went up to Princeton to visit a friend this weekend and took the long way to get there. I stopped in Valley Forge, PA where there was BeadFest!. I did a little bit of shopping but I didn't go nuts

My Loot from BeadFest

I bought a necklace/earring set from Melanie Potter at the School of Beadwork booth. I'm really excited. I even got started on it while I was at my friend's place

Start of the necklace

There are some heads in there that I hope to use in bead embroidery, made by Fired Up Ladies:
head cabochons

And a focal bead head that, well, I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with it yet
head focal piece

The plier thing is similar to the wrap and tap. It lets me make rings in 6 different sizes. I flipped through the class catalog and found a couple of wirework classes that I would have liked to have taken this year (like this) so hopefully, there will be similar classes next year. It's certainly much less expensive than going to Bead & Button, which I do hope to get back to in a couple of years!

No comments: