Monday, February 27, 2006

On the beading front...

Bead Obsessions Gerbera
I've been working on some jewelry but the only finished objects I have are flowers. I'm still on the gerbera daisy kick and this one I made as the demo piece for Bead Obsessions. The pattern itself is more intermediate due to the larger size of the crossovers in the petals and the lacing. My friend Jean, whom I use as a guinea pig for these things, told me at one point that she'd been swearing at me for all the lacing. And then she asked me, "Do I really have to lace the calyx?" Well, after I walked her through the assembly, she was converted!

So, I'm still working through this pattern but it's almost there. I am scheduled to teach this as an advanced beginner class at Bead Obsessions in June.

Gerberas fall into my category of "happy flowers" along with the sunflower. I LOVE SUNFLOWERS!

1 comment:

knitfriendly said...

I LOVE your flower! It is beautiful. I can hardly wait to see the finished one that you were working on Monday!