Saturday, August 20, 2005

Daisy Topiary - Finished!


I had started this in June, as you can see from this entry. As of that entry, Nisha had found out she was being sent to Hong Kong...or maybe it was within a week or so of that and so I put off working on this for a while...until Monday, when they informed me the housewarming was today. Well...hell.
I would guess that there are close to 60 daisies on this. Topiary form and boxwoods at the bottom was made following Donna Dickt's tea rose topiary pattern and her daisies.
  • 6 inch styrafoam ball
  • 18 inch dowel, I don't remember diameter...5/8 inch maybe
  • 9/0 3 cut Light luster yellow (Shipwreck 9SC322-T) for the centers
  • 9/0 3 cut Lime green luster (Studio Baboo and York beads) for all greenery
  • 9/0 3 cut Pearl white for daisies (Shipwreck 9SC612)...and then I ran out. 9-10 hanks of this
  • Finished up daisies in 9/0 3 cut crystal AB from York - another 4 hanks
  • 9/0 3 cut brown or maybe bronze. I have no idea where I bought these...Star's Beads maybe...

Yup, so I ran out of the pearl white and there was still a bit of a bald spot on the topairy so I moved onto the crystal.
Posted by Picasa

If you look closely, you can actually see a slight difference in some of the flowers.

So I had taken Friday off, originally to sleep, due to a couple of weeks of living the life of a burnt out programmer. Oh well, beading, sleeping...same thing. Woke up at 9am, started beading. Ate lunch, back to beading. I also watched A LOT of "The Family Guy" on my laptop. The only break I really took yesterday was going to the gym cuz my feet were feeling swollen and I figured exercise was good for circulation. Finally went to sleep at 1am and the topiary was short 2 daisies. Got up this morning at 9am and started back up again for another hour. Went grocery shopping, made food and returned to the beading at noon. Finally finished around 3:20, took some pictures, which came out nicely, took a quick shower, packed this baby up and went to the house warming.

So, I spent a good deal of time last night pondering...genius...or madness? It's a fine line. But I'm not doing this again...at least for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Judy, your creation is impressive and marvelous! I am really surprised! Whew! Auntie

Anonymous said...

Judy,
I am so glad I checked back to see your topiary finished. It is so delicious I want to eat it like a lolly pop!

Cindy Loo