Sunday, July 24, 2005

Finished corset 1


I don't know why when I'm getting a picture taken, I look fat..or at least kinda chunky. The problem is that I'm not really in real life. It's not that I think I'm fat. I think this is a case where the camera adds 10 pounds.Posted by Picasa
Some details on this...
  • King Tut Cotton on size 7 needles, followed the size small pattern with the 163 cast on sts.
  • 20 buttons down the front
  • I could never figure out the I-Cord cast on so I ended up just doing a regular bind off and cast on at the armholes. At the end, I went back and did a (sc, ch) pattern all around both armholes.

Next up, is a silk version...Fiesta's la Luz (yes, I splurged) and the opening rows already feel really soft.

5 comments:

Elspeth said...

It looks great (and so do you!)! Thanks for showing us your finished #1, and let us know about #2!

Anonymous said...

you look so pretty in the corsett:-)

Micky said...

It looks beautiful. Everyone is finishing, and it is making me feel slow.
:)

Anonymous said...

you do not loOk even remotely fat! And a small, to boot--you lucky smallies can try out the La Luz, they don't make enough $ for the rest of us to use it! :)

don't worry Micky, I haven't even started and I won't until I can even imagine fitting into it! Fall, perhaps. Late Fall?...

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I like the color. Can't wait to see the next one.