Saturday, February 22, 2014

Some mitts!

It has taken me a while to get these mitts washed, blocked, and photographed. When I finished them, I was on a bus on my day trip down to Phillips Island to see the penguins. I was excited to finish them that day since it was going to be sun down when the penguins came back to land and it was the farthest south I was going to be on my trip to Australia and I wanted something to keep my hands warm.

After Australia, I was in Taiwan and still didn't have a chance to wash and block. After I returned home, I was constantly wearing them until now, when our weather has turned weird to be either too cold for fingerless mitts or too warm for mitts of any sort at all, all in the same day!

These are the Dual Cable Fingerless Mitts (ravelry link) with some Cascade 220 Sport yarn I got in a Puck This! swap. The cables were a little annoying but once I picked up the stitches for the mitt, it all went quickly. I did change the thumb to do a thumb gusset instead because I like that fit much better.


Dual colored cabled mitts

No comments: